|CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT SHELINA E. FREY|
Chief Master Sergeant Shelina E. Frey is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 380th Air Expeditionary Wing, Southwest Asia. As the wing's senior enlisted leader, Chief Frey advises the commander on all matters influencing the effective employment of the 3,600 warriors assigned to five groups and 24 squadrons. The wing conducts air refueling, ground attack, command and control, surveillance and reconnaissance, and Theater Support Package missions in support of Operation ENDURING FREEDOM and Combined Joint Task Force-Horn of Africa. The Chief also coordinates closely with wing staff agencies, group and squadron commanders, as well as senior enlisted leaders to ensure the wing commander's intent is understood and executed.
Chief Frey enlisted in the Louisiana Air National Guard in September 1984. She entered active duty in May 1987. Chief Frey has served as an administrative assistant and information manager at Headquarters Air Force and MAJCOM levels. Chief Frey served as Commandant, Hurlburt Field Airman Leadership School and Special Assistant to the 12th Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force. Chief Frey is a native of New Orleans, La.
1989 Noncommissioned Officer Preparatory Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1991 Noncommissioned Officer Leadership School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1994 Associate's Degree in Information Systems, Community College of the Air Force
1996 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Kapaun AB, Germany
2000 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, by correspondence
2004 Coast Guard, Chief Petty Officer Academy, Petaluma, Calif.
2004 U.S. Air Force First Sergeant Academy, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, Montgomery, Ala.
2005 Associate's Degree in Human Resource Management, Community College of the Air Force
2009 Chief Master Sergeant Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, Montgomery, Ala.
2010 Leadership Team Awareness Course, Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute, Patrick AFB, Fla.
2010 Command Chief Orientation, San Antonio, Texas
2010 U.S. Air Force Senior Leadership Course, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
2011 U.S. Air Force Enterprise Management Seminar, Darden School of Business, Charlottesville, Va.
2011 AFSO 21 Senior Leader Course, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
2011 U.S. Air Force Senior Leadership Course, Gettysburg College, Gettysburg, Pa.
2012 Middle East Regional Seminar, Washington, D.C.
1. May 1987 - November 1991, Administrative Assistant to the Senior Enlisted Advisor, Headquarters Air University and the 3800th Air Base Wing, Maxwell AFB, Montgomery, Ala.
2. November 1991 - December 1992, Administrative Assistant, Headquarters Korea , Yongsan AB, Korea
3. April 1993 - September 1996, Information Manager to the United States Forces in Europe Senior Enlisted Advisor, Ramstein AB, Germany
4. September 1996 - August 1999, Special Assistant to the Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
5. August 1999 - October 2000, Noncommissioned Officer in Charge, First Term Airman Center, 16th Mission Support Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
6. October 2000 - March 2004, Flight Chief, Airman Leadership School, 16th Mission Support Squadron, 16th Special Operations Wing, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
7. March 2004 - June 2005, First Sergeant, 39th Operations Squadron, 39th Air Base Wing, Incirlik AB, Turkey
8. July 2005 - July 2008, First Sergeant, 48th Medical Group, 48th Fighter Wing, RAF Lakenheath, United Kingdom (First Sergeant, 332 Expeditionary Security Forces Squadron, Joint Base Balad, Iraq, August 2006 - January 2007)
9. July 2008 - July 2009, First Sergeant, Air Combat Command 1st Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Langley AFB, Va.
10. July 2009 - January 2011, First Sergeant, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
11. January 2011 - July 2012, Command Chief, Aeronautical Systems Center and 88th Air Base Wing, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
12. July 2012-Present, Command Chief, 380th Air Expeditionary Wing, Southwest Asia
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with six oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with six oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Good Conduct Medal with seven oak leaf clusters
Iraq Campaign Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with gold combat border
2001/2003 AFSOC ALS Flight Chief of the Year
2004 Coast Guard Academy, Altus Tendo Award (John Levitow Award equivalent)
2007 48th Fighter Wing First Sergeant of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant July 1, 2009
(Current as of July 2012)